Who We Are
Arlington Church of the Nazarene was organized on February 27, 1921, meeting in the house of one of the members. Looking for a place to meet proved difficult for the new church. They began by renting the Baptist Church for $1 a year and helping with the upkeep of the building. Sometime after this, Mrs. E.B. From, Mr. Sharrard, and Mr. M. Earl Weatherford, the three remaining members of the Baptist congregation, decided to sell the Baptist Church to the Nazarenes for $1. On February 23, 1935, the Arlington Church of the Nazarene was dedicated. This building had served as a continuous place of worship for the Nazarenes since that historic date.
The Church has been a fixture in Arlington for many decades. In this church, people came to meet Jesus. In this church, lives were changed.